Frittata with potato and prosciutto
Try this delicious potato frittata between crusty bread for a warming brunch.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (112g) potato, peeled, cut into 1.25-cm cubes
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 55ml double cream
- 55g grated Parmesan
- 55g sliced prosciutto, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 baguette, cut into 8 pieces
- 55g unsalted butter
2) Preheat the overhead grill. Whisk the eggs, cream, Parmesan, prosciutto, and basil in a medium bowl to blend. Stir the egg mixture into the potato mixture in the skillet. Cook over medium-low heat until the egg mixture is almost set but the top is still loose, about 3 minutes.
3) Place the frying-pan under the grill. Grill until the top is set and golden brown, about 4 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, loosen the frittata from pan and slide the frittata onto a cutting board. Cut the frittata into 12 wedges.
4) Split open each bread piece. Toast the bread on a grill pan until golden. You can also grill the bread cut side up until golden, about 1 to 2 minutes, keeping a careful watch on the bread since they can easily burn. Butter the cut sides of the toasted bread. Arrange a frittata wedge on each bottom piece of bread. Cover with the bread tops and serve.