- 6 eggs
- 170g finely minced red onion
- 1 serrano chilli, minced, seeds removed if you don't want it spicy
- 2 tbsps minced fresh coriander leaves
- 3/4 tsp turmeric
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
1) Grab a bowl. Crack the eggs into the bowl and beat until lathery, about 1 minute. Whisk in the onion, chilli, coriander, turmeric and paprika until well combined. Sprinkle with a big pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
2. Grab a 30cm nonstick skillet. Add the oil and warm over medium-high heat until mildly shimmering but not smoking. Have a spatula or spoonula at the ready. Pour egg mixture into the pan. Grab the spatula/spoonula and, in small circular motions, distribute the onions, chilli and coriander evenly around the pan. This also helps move some of the uncooked egg down to the surface of the hot pan. Cover and cook for 2 1/2 minutes.
3. Grab a plate that's as big as your pan. Pull off the lid and look at your omelette. It might still look a little runny, but it shouldn't be super runny. If it is, then cover and cook 1 more minute. Slide the omelette, cooked side down, onto your plate. Then, holding the plate from underneath, put your pan over your plate and flip so that the uncooked side lands on the pan. Cook, uncovered, another minute.
4. Slide onto serving plate, cut into four and serve.