Oven-Baked Omelette for Two
- 110g good thick-cut bacon
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 180g Yukon gold potato, medium-diced
- 75g chopped yellow onion
- 1 tbsp minced jalapeno pepper
- 5 extra-large eggs
- 2 tbsp milk or cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 40g spring onion, white and green parts chopped
- 110g extra-sharp Cheddar, diced, plus extra grated cheese, for garnish
2) Drain the bacon on paper towels and discard the fat from the pan. Add the butter to the pan and then add the potato and yellow onion. Cook over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, tossing occasionally, until the onion starts to brown and the potato is tender but firm. Add the jalapeno pepper and cook for 30 seconds.
3) Meanwhile, in a medium bowl beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper together with a fork. Stir in the spring onions and diced Cheddar. When the potato is cooked, add the bacon to the pan and pour over the egg mixture.
4) Place the pan in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until the omelette puffs and the eggs are almost cooked in the centre. Sprinkle with a handful of grated Cheddar and bake for another minute. Serve hot directly from the pan.