Oyster rocks at the rib
- 1.25kg fresh steamed spinach, drained
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 100g grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 60ml white wine
- 65g butter, melted
- 24 fresh raw oysters
- 6 large slices ripe red tomato, quartered
- 6 large slices provolone cheese, quartered
- 4 lemon wedges
- Hot sauce, for serving
2) Shuck the oysters and leave them on the half shell. Top with a heaped tbsp of the spinach mixture and arrange them on a baking tray. Bake for approximately 10 minutes.
3) Remove the oysters from the oven and top each with a slice of tomato and cheese. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese melts.
4) Transfer the oysters to a serving platter and serve with a wedge of lemon and a good hot sauce.
Cook's Note: The hardest part of this recipe is to find fresh oysters and shuck them.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore we cannot make any representation as to the results.