Blini with Smoked Salmon
Recipe by:Ina Garten
- 40g buckwheat flour
- 95g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 210ml milk
- 1 extra-large egg
- 115g unsalted butter, clarified, divided
- 225g smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 50g creme fraiche or sour cream
- Fresh dill sprig, for garnish
Serves: 18 pancakes1) Combine both flours, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and 15g of the clarified butter, then whisk into the flour mixture.
2) Heat 15g of the clarified butter in a medium saute pan and drop the batter into the hot skillet, 1 tbsp at a time. Cook over medium-low heat until bubbles form on the top side of the blini, about 2 mins. Flip and cook for 1 more min, or until brown. Repeat with the remaining batter. (I clean the hot pan with a dry paper towel between batches.) Set aside.
3) To serve, top the blini with a piece of smoked salmon. Add a dollop of creme fraiche and a sprig of dill.