Pumpkin Ravioli with Sage and Toasted Hazelnuts
Serve fresh pumpkin ravioli with crispy sage leaves and crunchy hazelnut
- 70g peeled hazelnuts
- 8 tbsp vegetable oil
- 450g fresh pumpkin ravioli
- 115g unsalted butter
- 6 fresh sage leaves
- Large pinch grated nutmeg
- 50g grated Parmesan
- 2 amaretti cookies
2) Bring 2L of salted water to a boil in a large saucepan and add the vegetable oil to prevent the ravioli from sticking to one another. Add the ravioli and cook for four minutes or until they float to the top. Using a strainer or slotted spoon, carefully remove the ravioli to a large platter and tent with foil to keep warm.
3) Melt the butter in a small frying pan. When the butter is sizzling and starts to brown, tear the sage leaves into the pan and fry for about 20 seconds. Remove from the heat and stir in the nutmeg.
4) Pour the butter sauce over ravioli and sprinkle with the toasted hazelnuts. Grate amaretti cookies over the dish and serve immediately.