Spaghetti with asparagus, smoked mozzarella and prosciutto
- 1kg asparagus, trimmed
- 750g spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 170g thinly sliced prosciutto, cut crosswise into strips
- 170g ounces smoked mozzarella cheese, diced
- 6 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
2) Return the water in the pot to the boil, adding additional water, if necessary. Add the pasta and cook until al dente; tender but still firm to the bite, about eight minutes. Drain the pasta, reserving 240ml of the cooking liquid.
3) Heat the oil in a heavy large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Add the asparagus to the pan. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4) Add the pasta and, if needed, some of the reserved cooking liquid. Toss to coat. Add the prosciutto, mozzarella and basil, and toss to combine. Turn off the heat. Check the seasoning again, and serve.