Spaghetti with rocket pesto and seared jumbo prawns
- 120g fresh rocket
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 tbsp plus 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 500g jumbo prawns
- 500g spaghetti
- Lemon zest, for garnish
- 10 parsley leaves, chopped, for garnish
2) Prepare the griddle on a high heat. Using a knife, cut the back of the prawns. Brush the prawns with oil and sprinkle with salt. Griddle until just cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer the prawns to a plate.
3) Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 120ml of the cooking liquid.
4) Toss the pasta with the pesto in the large bowl to coat, adding the reserved cooking liquid 1 tbsp at a time to moisten. Top with the griddled prawns. Garnish with the lemon zest and parsley and serve.