Chargrilled pork chop with peppers
Simple and elegant, Jun's pork recipe will leave your loved one speechless.
- 5 tbsps olive oil
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, de-seeded, sliced
- 1/2 red chilli, de-seeded, sliced
- 1/4 pineapple, peeled, cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 tbsps caster sugar
- 50ml white wine vinegar
- 4 pork chops, French trimmed*
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2) Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6.
3) Season the pork chops, drizzle with olive oil on both sides and cook on a hot grill for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a baking tray and finish in the oven for 8 minutes.
4) To serve, spoon the sweet and sour peppers onto a plate and top with a pork chop.
*French trimming gives a cleaner, more refined appearance. You can do it yourself by trimming down to the bone or ask your butcher to do it for you.