- 9 ounces raw pork chorizo, removed from casing
- 1/2 cup chopped white onions
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 pound shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- One 11-ounce package tortilla chips
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
1. In a large heavy sauté pan, cook the chorizo over medium-high heat until crisp, about 6 minutes. Add the onions and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel to drain off excess fat.
2. In a saucepan, add the wine and lemon juice. Bring slowly to a boil and reduce the heat to medium low. Add the cheese and cornstarch and whisk until the cheese is fully melted.
3. Arrange the tortilla chips on a serving platter. Drizzle with the melted cheese mixture. Top with chorizo-onion mixture. Garnish with the coriander and chives. Serve immediately.