- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 small orange pepper, 1/2-inch diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Kernels cut from 5 ears yellow or white corn (4 cups)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons julienned fresh basil, minced fresh chives, and/or minced fresh parsley leaves
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large sauté pan. Add the onion and saute for 5 minutes, until the onion is soft.
Stir in the bell pepper and sauté for 2 more minutes.
Add the butter to the pan and allow it to melt. Over medium heat, add the corn, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes, until the corn just loses its starchiness.
Season to taste, gently stir in the basil or other green herbs, and serve hot.