Creamy Chicken Succotash
- 4 strips thick-cut bacon, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 green pepper, stemmed, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 16 ounces (about 3 1/2 cups) sweet corn kernels, drained if canned, thawed if frozen
- 16 ounces (about 3 1/2 cups) cooked lima beans, drained if canned, thawed if frozen
- 2 cups peeled pearl onions, thawed if frozen
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Frank's Red Hot, or to taste
- 1/2 cup double cream
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy, about 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer the crisp bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
2. Season the chicken well with salt and pepper and sear in the same skillet, stirring, until the edges begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the bell pepper and garlic and cook until softened slightly, about 5 minutes. Add the corn, lima beans, pearl onions, hot sauce, and cream, and cook until simmering. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
4. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper; stir in the reserved bacon and serve immediately.