Healthy Sweet and Sour Pork
- 250g basmati rice by Sainsbury’s
- 100g bunch of spring onions, washed, trimmed and sliced on the diagonal
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce by Sainsbury’s
- 100g tomato ketchup by Sainsbury’s
- 432g tin pineapple chunks in juice by Sainsbury’s, drained, reserving 3 tbsp of the juice
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar by Sainsbury’s
- 1⁄2 tbsp olive oil by Sainsbury’s
- 300g pack extra-lean British pork fillet medallions by Sainsbury’s, cut into chunks
- Pack 3 mixed peppers by Sainsbury’s, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 200g pack pak choi, sliced lengthways
Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the rice and cook for 20 minutes. Drain, then stir through half the sliced spring onions.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, tomato ketchup, the reserved pineapple juice and the vinegar.
Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan, add the pork and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add the peppers and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, then add the drained pineapple chunks, most of the remaining spring onions, the pak choi and the sauce.
Stir-fry for 2 minutes until the pork is cooked through and the veg is piping hot.
Serve the pork with the rice, garnished with the remaining spring onions.
Recipe courtesy of Sainsbury's