Charred Chilli Corn
- 4 ears fresh sweet corn, shucked
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked sea salt
- Roasted Poblano Mayo, recipe follows
- 1 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- For the Roasted Poblano Mayo
- 1 small poblano pepper
- 1 cup store-bought or homemade mayo
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Sea salt
1. On a hot grill, char each side of fresh corn until the kernels develop some color, 5 to 6 minutes.
2. Mix together the paprika, chilli powder and smoked sea salt.
3. Slather each ear with the Roasted Poblano Mayo, and then dust in the Cotija, cilantro and seasoned salt.
For the Roasted Poblano Mayo:
1. Roast the whole poblano over an open flame on your stove-top until all sides are charred black, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Let rest in a paper bag until cool, about 15 minutes. Peel off the charred skin, and then remove the stem, seeds and ribs. Mince the pepper.
2. Stir together the minced poblano with the mayo, honey, cumin, garlic and some salt.