Penne Tricolore with Summer Vegetables and Mozzarella
- 350g penne tricolore
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 100g fresh fennel
- 100g rocket
- 1 fresh spring onion
- 200g mozzarella (or 100g Stilton, for a stronger taste)
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
1. Wash the rocket and cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
2. Cut the red pepper into cubes.
3. Wash and finely slice the fennel and the spring onion.
4. Mix the fennel and the red peppers in a bowl, season with lemon juice, 2 tbsp of olive oil, salt and pepper and let them marinate for a while.
5. At the same time, boil the penne tricolore in plenty of salted boiling water. We recommend using 1 litre of water for every 100g of pasta.
6. Drain al dente, put in a tray and cool down at room temperature, drizzling with a little extra virgin olive oil.
7. When the pasta is cold, add the marinated vegetables, the tomatoes and the rocket.
8. Season with a little olive oil and salt and pepper if necessary.
9. Sprinkle with cubes of mozzarella and serve.
10. For a stronger taste, replace the mozzarella with crumbled Stilton.