Quinoa-Stuffed Piquillo Peppers
- For the courgette salsa
- 1 small courgette, chopped
- 1/4 white onion, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt and finely ground black pepper
- For the quinoa and goat's cheese piquillo peppers
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces goat's cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- One 14-ounce jar piquillo peppers, rinsed and drained
Preheat the oven to 175°C.
For the courgette salsa: Puree the courgette, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a blender.
For the quinoa and goat cheese piquillo peppers: Bring the quinoa, 2 cups water and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and toss with the olive oil. Let cool about 10 minutes.
Fold in the goat's cheese and raisins. Stuff the quinoa filling into the piquillo peppers and place them in a 2-quart baking dish and cover with foil. Heat the peppers until the filling is hot throughout, about 20 minutes.
Serve the peppers with the courgette salsa.