Red Pepper Soup with Toasted Cumin
Fiery soup with earthy cumin notes from Bal Arneson.
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 10g chopped garlic
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp asafoetida
- 1 tsp Spanish paprika
- 3 red peppers, seeds removed and sliced
- 120ml organic vegetable stock
- 120ml white wine
- Pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper
- 10g cumin seeds (for garnish)
2) Place the soup in a blender and puree in batches until very smooth. Toast the cumin seeds in a cast iron pan until they begin to lightly smoke and smell good. Pour the soup into a clean saucepan and reheat. Serve in a bowl with toasted cumin seeds.