Shishito Peppers with Soy-Ginger Sauce
- 8 ounces shishito peppers
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli paste
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Heat a cast-iron skillet over high heat. Toss the shishitos with the 2 tablespoons sesame oil in a large bowl. Add the peppers to the hot skillet in a single layer. Cook, turning occasionally, until softened and charred in spots, about 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together the soy sauce, mayonnaise, ginger, honey, lime juice, sesame oil and chilli paste.
3. Once the peppers are well blistered, add them to the sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the sea salt and serve immediately.