Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 2 roasted red peppers from a jar or can
- 1 can 400 g chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoon tahini paste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch sea salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Coriander leaves to garnish, optional
1. Tip the chickpeas into a colander and rinse.
2. Place the red peppers in a blender with the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic clove whole, cumin, salt (rub the salt flakes as add to break them up) and sesame oil and process to a smooth paste.
3. Transfer into a serving dish and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil just before serving. Garnish with coriander leaves, if using.