Indian Stuffed Peppers
Try this spicy Indian twist on stuffed peppers with potatoes and spinach.
- 340g potatoes, skinned and boiled and then mashed
- 150g spinach, chopped
- 35g grated ginger
- 150g cooked brown rice
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp pomegranate powder (or lemon zest)
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- Pinch red chilli pepper flakes
- 3 peppers, red, yellow or green
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
2) Place the mashed potatoes, spinach, ginger, rice, garam masala, pomegranate powder, salt and chilli flakes in a bowl and mix well.
3) Cut the tops of the peppers off, removing the stems, and then scrape out the seeds with a spoon. Fill each pepper with potato filling and mound it around the rim. Moisten the outside of the peppers with your finger tips dipped in oil to hold the moisture.
4) Place the stuffed peppers in a baking dish and bake for 40 to 45 mins, until the peppers are a little wrinkly and soft and the filling is golden.