Cheesy Chicken and Bean Quesadillas
- 300g chicken thighs, sliced
- 3 tsp Old El Paso™ Garlic & Paprika Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2-3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 can (425g) Old El Paso™ Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 125g cooked white rice
- 8 Old El Paso™ Super Soft Flour Tortillas
- 300g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 jar of Old El Paso™ Thick 'n' Chunky Mild Salsa (or Hot if you'd prefer)
- 1 bottle of Old El Paso™ Cool Soured Cream Topping
1. Toss the chicken pieces in the taco seasoning mix then heat 1 tsp oil in a large pan and stir-fry the chicken until cooked thoroughly until no longer pink inside.
2. Remove the chicken from the heat, and with two forks gently pull apart and shred the strips.
3. Mix the shredded chicken, red pepper, onion, black beans and cooked rice in a large mixing bowl.
4. Top half of each tortilla with the chicken mixture and grated cheese, then fold the other half of each tortilla, pressing down slightly.
5. Heat a large pan with the other tsp oil, and place two filled tortillas to cook for about 5 minutes in total, turning once until golden brown and piping hot.
6. Repeat until all tortillas mix are used up.
7. To serve, cut each quesadilla into wedges and serve with salsa and sour cream.
Recipe courtesy of Old El Paso™