Quinoa pilaf with pine nuts
- 480ml low-sodium chicken stock
- 225g quinoa, rinsed
- 25g pine nuts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 65g chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and pepper
2) Meanwhile, toast the pine nuts in a large dry frying pan over a medium-high heat until golden brown and fragrant, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes. Remove the nuts from the pan and set aside.
3) Heat the oil in the same pan over a medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions soften and begin to brown, about 6 minutes.
4) When the quinoa is done, fluff with a fork and transfer to a large serving bowl. Stir in the pine nuts, onions, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Calories 180; Total fat 8g; (sat fat 1g, mono fat 3g, poly fat 3g); Protein 6g; Carb 23g; Fibre 2g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 30mg