Spicy Cajun Chicken Quinoa
In the box:
- Cajun seasoning
- Chicken stock
- Garlic paste
- 2 chicken breasts
- 70g quinoa
- 70g dried apricots, cut in half
- 100g ready to use Puy lentils
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 100g frozen peas
From your cupboard:
- Sunflower or olive oil
- Greek yoghurt and coriander to serve
This SimplyCook recipe takes just 20 minutes to cook, saving you precious time in the kitchen. SimplyCook have sourced quality ingredients to make this money-saving meal the perfect alternative to costly recipe book equivalents.
1. Heat the oven to 200°C/180C fan/gas mark 6. Toss the chicken breasts in the Cajun seasoning and place them on some baking paper in a roasting tin. Once the oven has come up to temperature bake the chicken breasts for 15 minutes while you get on with everything else.
2. Bring 400ml of water to the boil in a saucepan. Once the water has boiled stir in the chicken stock. Then add the quinoa to the stock stirring briefly before reducing the heat to medium and covering the saucepan with a lid. Cook the quinoa for 10 minutes, then add the apricots and lentils and cook through for a further 5 minutes.
3. After adding the lentils, add 1-2 tablespoons of oil to a frying pan and bring the pan to high heat. Then add the onion and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the garlic paste and stir-fry for another minute. Then add the frozen peas and stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
4. Remove the chicken from the oven once baked. When the quinoa mixture is fully cooked add it to the frying pan with the peas and onion and stir thoroughly on a medium-high heat for 1 minute. You’re now ready to plate up! Divide the quinoa mixture between 2 plates and top with the Cajun chicken and optional yoghurt and coriander. Dig in and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Simply Cook
Simply Cook provide you with tailored recipes and a selection of hero ingredient kits delivered to your door every month making cooking delicious new meals quick and accessible. Find out more at SimplyCook.com