- 12 pork spare ribs
- 12 chicken thighs, with skin and bones
- 225 ml apple juice, as sharp as possible
- 4 tbsps maple syrup
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 2 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick, halved
- 6 unpeeled garlic cloves
1) Put the ribs and chicken pieces in a couple of large freezer bags or into a dish.
2) Add all the remaining ingredients, squelching or everything together well before sealing the bag or covering the dish.
3) Leave to marinade in the refrigerator overnight or up to 2 days.
4) Take the dish out of the refrigerator and preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
5) Pour the contents of the freezer bag into 1 or 2 large roasting trays (making sure the chicken is skin side up) and place in the preheated oven and cook for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, by which time everything should be sticky and glossed conker-brown.