Mexican-Inspired Rice with Tiger Prawns and Chicken
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 225g easy cook long grain rice
- 1 Old El Paso™ Smoky BBQ Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 450ml hot chicken stock
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and diced
- 240g cooked tiger prawns, peeled
- 1 Old El Paso™ Sliced Green Jalapeños, drained
- 25gr fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 lime
- Old El Paso™ Nachips
Heat the oil in a large pan and tip in the tender chunks of chicken, with the onion and fry for 3-4 minutes until the chicken is lightly browned.
Add the rice and mix until its coated in the oil.
Pour in the Smoky BBQ Fajita Seasoning Mix and stir until the chicken and onion are coated in the rich seasoning mix.
Toss in the chopped tomatoes and stock, cover and leave to simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Throw in the peppers, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes, then stir in the tiger prawns, jalapeños and cook for another 5 minutes, until the rice is soft and the sauce has reduced.
Garnish with a sprinkling of freshly chopped coriander and some lime wedges.
Get the pan down on a crowded table and share around.
Excellent served with a side of Old El Paso™ Nachips.
Recipe courtesy of Old El Paso™