Spicy Mushroom Salad
- ¼ cup raw rice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100g wood ear mushrooms, cut into small chunks
- 150g oyster mushrooms, cut into small chunks
- 100g enoki mushrooms, bottom stems trimmed away
- 200g swiss brown mushrooms, cut into small chunks
- ¼ cup sliced eschallots
- 2 tsp dried chilli powder (add more or less to taste)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- Juice of 3 limes
- ¼ cup sawtooth coriander, sliced (substitute regular coriander if unavailable)
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- Cabbage leaves and snake beans to serve
1. Heat rice in a wok over high heat, stirring often until dark golden brown. Use a mortar and pestle to grind to a powder.
2. Heat oil in a wok over high heat. Add all the mushrooms and stir-fry for about 2 minutes or until mushrooms just start to collapse. Remove from heat and toss through eschallots, 2 tbsp of the roasted rice powder, dried chilli powder, sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, coriander and mint.
3. Pile onto a plate and serve warm with cabbage leaves and snake beans.