Brown butter risotto with lobster
- 450g (about 2 medium) frozen lobster tails, thawed
- 1 litre reduced-sodium chicken stock
- 60g butter, at room temperature
- 225g finely chopped onion
- 340g Arborio rice
- 110ml brandy
- 110g grated Parmesan
- 60g chopped fresh chives
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2) Drain, transfer to a cutting board, and cool for 15 minutes. Using kitchen shears or a sharp knife, cut through the top shell lengthwise. Remove the meat and cut into 1 1/4cm pieces. Set aside.
3) In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken stock to a boil. Keep hot over low heat.
4) In a large saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Cook until the butter begins to foam and then turns brown, about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Add the onion and cook, about 3 minutes. Add the rice and stir to coat with the butter.
5) Add the brandy and simmer until the liquid has almost evaporated, about 3 minutes. Add 125ml of stock and stir until almost completely absorbed, about 2 minutes. Continue adding the stock, 125ml at a time, stirring constantly and allowing each addition of stock to absorb before adding the next.
6) Cook until the rice is tender but still firm to the bite, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, the remaining butter and 2 tablespoons chives. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
7) Transfer the risotto to a large serving bowl. Arrange the lobster meat on top of the risotto and garnish with the remaining chives.