Gorgonzola and porcini mushroom risotto
A hearty, creamy risotto topped with gorgonzola and chives.
- 1L low-sodium chicken stock
- 45g dried porcini mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons soft butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 300g arborio rice
- 125ml dry white wine
- 50g grated Parmesan
- 100g gorgonzola, crumbled
2) Add the porcini mushrooms, remove the pan from the heat and set aside for 30 minutes until the mushrooms are tender. Then, using a slotted spoon, remove the mushrooms and set aside.
3) Return the stock to a simmer and keep warm over low heat.
4) In a large, heavy saucepan, melt two tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat.
5) Add the onion and mushrooms and cook for about three minutes, until the onions are tender but not brown.
6) Add the rice and stir to coat with the butter.
7) Add the wine and simmer for about three minutes, until the wine has almost evaporated.
8) Add a soup ladle full of warm stock and stir for about two minutes, until almost completely absorbed.
9) Continue with remaining stock, adding a ladle full at a time, and allowing each addition to be absorbed, until the rice is tender to the bite and the mixture is creamy. This should take about 20 to 25 minutes in total.
10) Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the Parmesan, gorgonzola, chives, salt and pepper. Transfer to a warm serving bowl and serve immediately.