Prawn, asparagus and saffron risotto
- 75ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 390g carnaroli rice
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 pinches saffron threads
- 150ml white wine
- 560ml fish or vegetable stock
- 10 green prawns, peeled and cleaned
- 15 asparagus spears
- 85g butter
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley leaves
- Sea salt
2) Add the shallots, garlic, and saffron and saute everything together for 1 more minute. Add the wine and without stirring, turn down the heat to medium-low and shake the pot every few minutes. Once the wine has been reduced, add the stock 2/3 of a ladle at a time until liquid covers the rice completely.
3) Add few pieces of prawns and asparagus to get the flavor through during the cooking process for 12 to 15 minutes. Add the rest of the prawns and asparagus the last 2 minutes if cooking.
4) When the rice is still al dente, remove from heat. Add in the butter and parsley, and season, to taste, with sea salt. Stir everything in together and serve.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.