Duck stuffed with apples
- 2 ducks, about 2.25kg each
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 6 green apples, peeled and chopped
- 55g butter
- 125ml water
- 125ml white wine
- 170ml sour cream
2) Place the ducks in a roasting tin and place the tin on a rack in the oven. Pour the water and wine into the tin. Roast in oven for 1.5 hours or until a thermometer placed in the thigh registers 80C. Baste occasionally, adding more water if needed.
3) During the last 20 minutes of cooking, place the remaining apples in the roasting tin.
4) When the ducks are fully cooked, remove them from the oven and let them rest for 15 minutes before carving.
5) Remove the apples from the roasting tin, mix with the sour cream and serve with the carved meat.