Foolproof Standing Prime Rib Roast
- For the prime rib roast
- 1 (2 1/4 kg) standing beef rib roast
- 1 tbsp house seasoning, recipe follows
- For the house seasoning
- 2 tbsps sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2) Allow roast to stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour. Rub roast all over with the House Seasoning. Place roast on a rack in a pan with the rib side down and the fatty side up. Roast for 1 hour. Turn off oven. Leave roast in the oven but do not open oven door for another 3 hours. About 1 hour before serving time, turn oven to 190 degrees C to reheat the roast.
Cook's Note: Do not remove roast or re-open the oven door from the time roast is put in until ready to serve.