Herb-Crusted Roast Beef with Horseradish Cream
- 1 (3-pound) boneless beef eye round roast
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch parsley, leaves only
- 1/2 bunch fresh thyme, leaves only
- 8 sprigs fresh oregano, leaves only 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves only
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- For the Horseradish Cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Preheat oven to 190°C.
Season roast well with salt and pepper. In a medium saute pan over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons oil. When hot, sear roast on all sides, until nicely caramelized, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove roast to a sheet tray lined with a wire rack.
Meanwhile, place garlic, parsley, thyme, oregano, rosemary, mustard powder, 1/2 cup oil, salt and pepper, to taste, in a food processor and pulse until mixture forms a paste.
Rub paste all over roast. Bake in the oven until the roast is cooked to medium-rare or registers 125 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, about 45 minutes.
Let roast rest 10 minutes before slicing and serve with Horseradish Cream.
In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Yield: 1/2 cup