Rib of beef
- 1.8kg rib roast, with 2 ribs, preferably aged 24 days
- Horseradish cream, recipe follows
- For the horseradish cream
- 30g freshly grated horseradish
- 60g creme fraiche
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2) Set a large heavy frying pan over a high heat so it's smoking hot. Season the beef liberally with salt and sear on all sides. Transfer the beef to a rack set inside a roasting tin. Roast to medium rare; an instant read thermometer should read 62C when inserted into the deepest part.
3) Carve and serve with the horseradish cream.
For the horseradish cream:
1) Mix the horseradish, creme fraiche, and lemon juice in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated and, therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.