Roast Beef with Bourbon Mushroom Sauce
- 60 g coarse sea salt
- 60 g coarse cracked black pepper
- 2 - 3 tbsps grapeseed oil, for searing
- 1 whole Beef Striploin, trimmed with some fatback remaining
- Bourbon mushroom sauce, recipe follows
- For the bourbon mushroom sauce
- 70 g butter, divided
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 225 g cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 225 g onion, finely diced
- 4 tbsps plain flour
- 60 ml bourbon
- 700 ml beef stock
- 1 tbsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsps chopped fresh parsley
1) Preheat oven to 150 degrees C.
2) Add oil to saute pan. Season meat on all sides with salt and pepper. Sear meat on all sides, about 2 to 3 minutes each side. Place meat on sheet tray with a rack. Roast meat for 30 to 40 minutes. Crank oven up to 230 degrees C and roast for an additional 15 to 20 minutes until crust forms and meat is nicely colored. When done, allow to rest before slicing. In a small bowl reserve juice for bourbon mushroom sauce.
3) In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add 70 g butter. Add garlic, mushrooms and onion and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until nicely Add flour and mix well to form pasty roux.