Whole Sea Bass with Rosemary and Thyme
A reduced-salt vegetable stock cube is perfect for adding a delicate umami taste to fish.
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Reduced Salt Stock Cube
- 150ml olive oil
- 2 tsp very finely chopped fresh rosemary, plus handful of sprigs for cavity
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme, plus handful of sprigs
- 1.5kg (3lb) sea bass
- 1-2 tsp coriander seeds, dry-fried and cracked
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- 4-6 tomatoes, scalded, skinned, de-seeded and chopped into small cubes
- Few drops of Knorr Vegetable Touch of Taste
- Fresh coriander sprigs
Crumble the Knorr Vegetable Reduced Salt Cube into a bowl and mix with 2 tsp olive oil to a paste, stir in the rosemary and thyme.
Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a good quality roasting tray on top of the hob.
Spread two-thirds of the seasoning paste over the top of the fish and inside its cavity. Place the rosemary sprigs within its cavity.
Place sea bass seasoned side-down onto the hot roasting tray and cook for 5 minutes. Spread remaining seasoning paste over the top side of the sea bass.
Turn the sea bass over, sprinkle over the thyme sprigs and place fish in preheated oven 180°C fan, Gas Mark 6 for 12-15 minutes depending on size.
For the sauce, place coriander seeds in a small pan with 100ml olive oil and the lemon juice. Bring just to the boil, add in the basil leaves and chopped tomatoes. Reduce the heat and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
Season with a Touch of Taste.
Transfer the cooked fish onto a warm serving platter and spoon over the sauce. Garnish with fresh coriander sprigs.
Recipe courtesy of Knorr