Asian Red Cabbage Slaw with Peanuts
Asian spices create a delicious summer salad.
- 2 tablespoons roasted no-salt-added creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons honey or agave nectar
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 6 cups packed thinly sliced red cabbage (about 1/2 medium head)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 3 spring onions, green and white parts, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 to 3 tablespoons roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
Whisk together the peanut butter, mustard, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, honey and lime juice in a large bowl. Add the cabbage, basil, cilantro and scallions and toss to coat.
Transfer to a platter, sprinkle with the peanuts and serve immediately.