Cold sesame noodles
- 225g Chinese egg noodles
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp toasted Asian sesame oil
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp peeled, grated fresh ginger
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 0.25 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
Serves: about 4 to 61) Cook the egg noodles according to package instructions. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Transfer the noodles to a large bowl.
2) In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, soy sauce, sesame seeds, ginger, salt, spring onions, and, if using, red pepper. Remove the noodles from the refrigerator and mix with the sesame mixture until well coated. Serve cold or at room temperature.