Cucumber Ribbon Salad
Perfect as a starter, this light and fast salad is bursting with juicy flavours.
- 3 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 3 seedless cucumbers, peeled
- 115g smoked salmon, optional
Whisk together the shallot, mint, dill, lemon zest, olive oil, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Add the sugar, salt, and the white pepper.
Cut the cucumbers in half crosswise. Using a vegetable peeler, peel long strips to form ribbons, and place the ribbons in a salad bowl. Add the dressing to the cucumber ribbons and toss to combine.
Arrange the cucumber ribbons on four salad plates. If using, tuck slices of salmon in among the ribbons, or drape them loosely over all. Serve immediately.