Italian Lentil Salad
Nutty Puy lentils work perfectly with soft, sweet grapes in this unusual salad.
- For the Salad
- 450g green lentils such as puy
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 20 seedless green grapes, halved
- 20 seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- For the Vinaigrette
- 75ml fresh lemon juice (from 1 to 2 lemons)
- 75ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Transfer the cooked lentils a serving bowl and add the spring onions, grapes, cucumber and red pepper.
To make the Vinaigrette: Place the lemon juice in a small bowl and slowly add the oil, whisking constantly, until combined. Season with the salt and pepper, to taste Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss well. Serve at once.