Fish pakoras with peach chutney
Serve these spiced fish fritters with a fruity chutney made from tinned peaches.
- For the pakoras
- 120g chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3g fenugreek leaves
- Pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper
- 60g natural yoghurt
- 60ml water
- 4 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 (230g) salmon fillet, cut into 5cm pieces
- Peach chutney, recipe follows
- For the peach chutney
- 450g tinned peaches
- 2 tbsp peach syrup
- 20g chopped red onion
- 10g chopped chives
- 1 green chilli, minced
- 1 tsp mango powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch of salt
Serves: 6 to 8 pakorasFor the pakoras:
1) Put the flour, garam masala, paprika, fenugreek, salt and pepper into a bowl and whisk to combine. Add the yoghurt and water and mix well to make a smooth batter, the consistency of pancake batter.
2) Heat a large non-stick skillet over a medium-high heat and add the oil. When it is hot begin to dip the fish cubes into the batter and then carefully place them in the hot oil. Fry until they are golden on all sides and the fish is cooked through, about 3 minutes. Serve with peach chutney.
For the peach chutney:
1) Put all the ingredients into a blender and pulse until the peaches are finely chopped.
2) The chutney will keep in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to one week.