Grilled Salmon Sandwiches
- 2 pounds fresh salmon fillets
- Good olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- For the sauce
- 1 cup good mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped spring onions, (white and green parts)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons capers, drained
- For the assembly
- 6 fresh white or brioche rolls (4-inch round)
- 1/4 pound salad mix or fresh basil leaves
For the salmon, heat coals in an outdoor grill and brush the top of the grill with oil. Rub the outside of the salmon with olive oil, salt, and pepper, to taste. Grill for 5 minutes on each side, or until the salmon is almost cooked through. Remove to a plate and allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
For the sauce, place the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, basil, dill, scallions, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Process until combined. Add the capers and pulse 2 or 3 times.
To assemble the sandwiches, slice the rolls in 1/2 crosswise. Spread a tablespoon of sauce on each cut side. On the bottom 1/2, place some salad leaves salad and then a piece of salmon. Place the top of the roll on the salmon and serve immediately.
Copyright 2001 Barefoot Contessa Parties!