Paneer Fishcakes with Chutney
These aromatic fishcakes are accompanied by a fruity apple and fig chutney.
- For the paneer fish cakes
- 1 (150g) cooked salmon fillet, skin removed
- 45g fresh paneer
- 60g natural yoghurt
- 20g minced red onion
- 55g chickpea flour
- 3g fenugreek leaves (crushed by hand)
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- Apple and fig chutney, recipe follows
- For the apple and fig chutney
- 150g chopped gala apples
- 40g dried figs, roughly chopped
- 40g sultanas
- 40g slivered almonds
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp ground fennel seed
- 500ml water
Serves: 6 to 8 cakesFor the paneer fish cakes:
1) Mash the salmon in a bowl with the paneer and then add the yoghurt, onion, chickpea flour, spices, salt and pepper and mix well. Form into small patties about 3 to 5cm in diameter.
2) Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan (med to high heat) and fry the patties for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Serve with apple and fig chutney.
For the apple and fig chutney:
1) Mix everything in a large pan, bring to a boil on a high heat and then turn down and simmer on a low heat for 30 minutes.
2) Let the mixture cool and then place in a food processor and puree to a paste (or use a hand mixer). Store in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator until required.