- 4 (140g) centre-cut salmon fillets (about 2-cm-thick), skin on or off
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2) Warm a large nonstick frying pan or skillet with oil over medium-low heat. Season the fish with salt and pepper.
3) Raise the heat to medium-high. Place the salmon, skin-side up in the pan. Cook until golden brown on one side, about 4 minutes. Turn the fish over with a spatula, and cook until it feels firm to the touch and the skin is crisp if desired, about 3 minutes more.
4) The skin can be served or removed easily with a knife or spoon. Transfer to a plate and serve as desired.
Serving suggestions: honey mustard, horseradish mashed potatoes, mesclun greens
Copyright 2003 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved