Smoked salmon and cream cheese omelette with spring onions
Slices of meat works equally well for an true 'Sklarmageddon' experience.
- 8 eggs
- 60ml double cream
- 25g unsalted butter
- 160g smoked salmon, torn into large pieces
- 1 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 green onions, finely chopped, garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2) When the pan is heated, add the butter and spread evenly over the surface of the pan. Once it starts to foam, turn the heat down and add the eggs. Using a spatula, swirl the eggs quickly in a circular motion as you gently shake the pan back and forth to cook evenly; you don't want any colour.
3) Once the eggs begin to set, drop the pieces of salmon, small spoonfuls of cream cheese and green onions over the top. Season with salt and pepper. When done, slide onto your cutting board. Roll one side over the top as you go to form an omelette.
4) Slice crosswise into portions and serve.