Wild Alaska Salmon and Tomato Halloween Pumpkin Tarts
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 150g pumpkin, roughly chunked
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves removed
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp runny honey
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 150g Wild Alaska salmon
- 450g puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Place the tomatoes, pumpkin, red onion, rosemary and garlic in a roasting tin. Combine the balsamic, olive oil and honey and stir into the vegetables. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes.
3. Remove the vegetables from the oven and sprinkle over cumin seeds, pumpkin seeds and chilli flakes. Lay the salmon on top and roast for a further 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, roll out the pastry and cut out 4 x 12cm² Halloween shapes such as pumpkins and stars. Transfer to a baking tray and lightly score a 0.5cm margin around the edge of the pastry shapes then prick the inner shape with a fork. Brush with egg wash.
5. Remove the salmon and vegetables from the oven and leave to cool slightly before flaking the salmon with a fork. Gently combine the salmon and vegetables and then spoon onto the inner shape of the pastry.
6. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden brown.
Cook’s tip: Just use butternut squash if you can’t get hold of pumpkin. Try adding peppers and leeks to the vegetable mix.