Wild Alaska Salmon Bonfire Burgers
Add a fiery tomato relish for a kick.
- Flour, for hands
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 8 mini burger buns
- 4 tbsp soured cream
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- For the burgers
- 400g wild Alaska salmon, skinned
- 50g white breadcrumbs
- 1 egg white
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- For the tomato relish
- 2 small shallots, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp chilli or olive oil
- 100g cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 200g tinned tomatoes
- 4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tsp honey
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
1. Place all the burger ingredients in a food processor and pulse to form a paste.
2. Divide the mixture into 8, flour your hands and make round patties out of each portion. Cover and leave to chill in the fridge for at least ½ hour.
3. Meanwhile, make the relish: sweat the shallots and garlic in chilli oil, add the cherry tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes before adding in the rest of the relish ingredients. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until glossy and thick. Season to taste then leave to cool.
4. When you are ready to cook, heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan. Carefully place the burgers in the oil and cook for 2-3 minutes a side, over a moderate heat, until firm and golden brown.
5. To serve, slice the burger buns in half, top with soured cream, Alaska salmon burger, relish and coriander leaves.