Wild salmon Caesar
You can't go wrong with a crowd pleasing Caesar Salad.
- 8 (110g) portions Alaskan sockeye salmon, skin and pin bones removed
- Lemon pepper seasoning, to taste
- 1 head cos lettuce, chopped
- 6 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced plus 2 tomatoes, sliced, for garnish
- 225g diced red onion, plus 50g, for garnish
- 225g Gorgonzola blue cheese, crumbled
- Caesar dressing, commercial or homemade
- 4 lemon slices
- 50g crispy fried onion strips or store-bought fried onions
2) Lightly season the pink side of the salmon portions with lemon pepper. Grill (or pan-fry), pink side down, for 2 minutes. Flip over, and cook for another 4 minutes.
3) In the meantime, in a large bowl or platter toss the chopped lettuce, sliced tomato, red onion and blue cheese with enough Caesar salad dressing to coat the salad. Top the salad with remaining tomato and red onion.
4) Place the salmon over the salad, garnish with lemon slices and crispy fried onion strips.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore we cannot make any representation as to the results.