Beef and Stilton Roll with Watercress
- 1 Kingsmill Soft White Roll, cut in half
- 1 small slice of Stilton or similar blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons of crème fraîche
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- 1 generous slice of cold rare to medium roast beef
- Small handful washed watercress
- Freshly cracked black pepper
Lightly toast the roll under a moderate heat and cool slightly.
Mash the Stilton with a fork and mix in with the crème fraîche and lemon juice.
Use this to spread on the cut sides of both roll halves.
Place the slice of beef on one roll slice and season with black pepper.
Top with the Watercress and place the second half of toasted roll on top.
Courtesy of Phil Vickery for Kingsmill