Chicken Salad Rolls
- 100g shredded, cooked chicken
- 50g 'something crunchy' (celery, apple, radish, sweet pickle slices or a combination)
- 'Something oniony' such as 1 spring onion or 1/4 small red onion, chopped
- 65ml mayonnaise or plain yoghurt
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 wholemeal sub rolls
1) Stir chicken, the 'something crunchy', 'something oniony' and mayonnaise or yoghurt together until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. (This can be made the night before, and refrigerated.)
2) Evenly fill the sub rolls with the salad mix. Wrap in parchment or greaseproof paper. Pack in a lunch box with an ice pack and send off to school.
Cook's Note: Roasted turkey is great in these as well. Or, for adventurous eaters, make it curried: Stir 2 tsp curry powder, 20g chopped fresh coriander and 25g sultanas into the mix.