Classic American Grilled Cheese
- 8 slices country white bread
- 4 slices white American cheese (cheese slices)
- 4 slices yellow American cheese (cheese slices)
- Salted butter, softened
1. Preheat the griddle to medium heat.
Build the sandwiches with 1 slice of white cheese on 4 pieces of bread and 1 slice of yellow cheese on the other 4 slices of bread. Close the sandwiches and butter both sides. Place on the griddle, cover with a metal bowl and let the sandwiches get a nice golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the sandwiches, cover again with the metal bowl and cook until the cheese is melted and the sandwiches are golden brown, another 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Using 4 descending sizes of star shaped cookie cutters, punch stars out of the sandwiches. Place on top of Roasted Tomato Bisque from large to small.